Virginia Online Bibliography
Publications Retrieval for coal
- Harlow, G.E., Jr., and LeCain, G.D., 1991, Hydraulic characteristics of, and ground-water flow in, coal-bearing rocks of southwestern Virginia: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Supply Paper 2388, 36 p.
- Hufschmidt, P.W., 1984, Description and evaluation of the Information Transfer Workshop Series-Coal Hydrology in Virginia: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 83-852, 23 p. OUT OF STOCK.
- Hufschmidt, P.W., and others, 1981, Hydrology of Area 16, Eastern Coal Province, Virginia-Tennessee: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 81-204, 68 p.
- Powell, J.D., 1984, Geochemical models of the relation between water quality and mineralogy in coal producing strata of southwestern Virginia [abs.]: National Water Well Association, Practical Applications of Ground-Water Geochemistry-Applied Geochemistry Workshop, Banff, Alberta, Canada, 1984, 1 p.
- Powell, J.D., 1988, Origin and influence of coal mine drainage on streams of the United States: Environmental Geology Water Science, v. 11, no. 2, p. 141Â152.
- Powell, J.D., Hufschmidt, P.W., and Larson, J.D., 1982, Geochemistry of ground water in the coal-producing area of southwest Virginia: 1982 Symposium on Surface Mining Hydrology, Sedimentation and Reclamation, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky., 1982, p. 439Â444.
- Powell, J.D., and Larson, J.D., 1985, Relation between ground-water quality and mineralogy in the coalÂproducing Norton Formation of Buchanan County, Virginia: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Supply Paper 2274, 30 p.
- Rogers, S.M., and Hufschmidt, P.W., 1980, Quality of surface water in the coal-mining area of southwestern Virginia: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 80-769, 2 sheets.
- Wright, W.G., 1985, Effects of fracturing on well yields in the coalfield areas of Wise and Dickenson Counties, southwestern Virginia: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 85-4061, 21 p. Out-of-stock.