Virginia Online Bibliography
Publications Retrieval for nitrate
- Hamilton, P.A., 1990, Relations between land use and nitrate concentrations in shallow ground water, Delmarva Peninsula [abs.], in Collected abstracts of the Virginia Water Resources Conference, Richmond, Va., 1990, p. 30.
- Hamilton, P.A., Denver, J.M., and Phillips, P.J., Shedlock, R.J., 1993, Water-quality assessment of the Delmarva Peninsula, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia-Effects of agricultural activities on, and distribution of, nitrate and other inorganic constituents in the surficial aquifer: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 93-40, 87 p. OUT OF STOCK.
- Hamilton, P.A., and Shedlock, R.J., 1989, Relations between land use and nitrate concentrations in shallow ground water, Delmarva Peninsula: U.S. Geological Survey Yearbook Fiscal Year 1989, p. 38Â41.
- Lindsey, B.D., Phillips, S.W., Donnelly, C.A., Speiran, G.K., Plummer, L.N., Bohlke, J.K., Focazio, M.J., Burton, W.C., and Busenberg, Eurybiades, 2003, Residence times and nitrate transport in ground water discharging to streams in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 03-4035, 201 p.
- Sanford, W. E. and Pope, J. P., 2007, A simulation of groundwater discharge and nitrate delivery to Chesapeake Bay from the lowermost Delmarva Peninsula, USA., in Sanford, W., Langevin, C., Polemio, M., and Povinec. P., eds., 2007, A new focus on groundwater-seawater interactions: IAHS Publication 312, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom, p. 326-333.
- Speiran, G.K., 1991, Processes controlling nitrate concentrations in ground-water discharge [abs.]: First Eastern Shore Natural Resources Symposium, Cape Charles, Va., 1991, 2 p.
- Speiran, G.K., 1992, Nitrate concentrations in ground water beneath a riparian wooded wetland near Townsend, Virginia [abs.]; in Collected abstracts of the Virginia Water Resources Conference, Richmond, Va., 1992, p. 14.
- Speiran, G.K., 1994, Effects of sediment composition and land cover on nitrate concentrations and ground-water discharge to estuaries on the Eastern Shore, Virginia [abs.]: 1994 Chesapeake Research Conference, June 1Â3, 1994, Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel, Va.
- Speiran, G.K., Hamilton, P.A., and Woodside, M.D., 1998, Natural processes for managing nitrate in ground water discharged to Chesapeake Bay and other surface waters-more than forested buffers: U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet 178-97.
- Speiran, Gary K., 2010, Effects of Groundwater-Flow Paths on Nitrate Concentrations Across Two Riparian Forest Corridors. Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) 46(2):246-260. DOI: 10.1111/j.1752-1688.2010.00427.x