Virginia Online Bibliography
Publications Retrieval for sediment
- Callender, E., and Rice, K.C., 2000, The urban environmental gradient--Anthropogenic influences on the spatial and temporal distributions of lead and zinc in sediments: Environmental Science and Technology, v. 34, no. 2, p. 232-238. [Abstract.]
- Ebner, D.B., Cherry, D.S., and Currie, R.J., 2004, Water and Streambed Sediment Quality, and Ecotoxicology of a Stream along the Blue Ridge Parkway, Adjacent to a Closed Landfill, near Roanoke, Virginia: 1999: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 03-4116, 55 p.
- Jastram, J.D., Moyer, D.L., and Hyer, K.E., 2009, A comparison of turbidity-based and streamflow-based estimates of suspended-sediment concentrations in three Chesapeake Bay tributaries: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2009-5165, 37 p.
- Jastram, John D., Zipper, Carl E., Zelazny, Lucian W., and Hyer, Kenneth E., 2010, Increasing precision of turbidity-based suspended sediment concentration and load estimates. Journal of Environmental Quality 39:1306-1316 (2010), doi:10.2134/jeq2009.0280.
- Langland, M.J., 2007, Streamflow, nutrient and sediment concentrations and loads, and water-quality change is selected nontidal basins in the Chesapeake Bay watershed, 1985-2006: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report OF 2007-1372.
- Langland, M.J., Blomquist, J.D., Sprague, L.A., and Edwards, R.E., 2000, Trends and status of flow, nutrients, and sediments for selected nontidal sites in the Chesapeake Bay watershed, 1985-98: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 99-451, 46 p.
- Powell, J.D., Hufschmidt, P.W., and Larson, J.D., 1982, Geochemistry of ground water in the coal-producing area of southwest Virginia: 1982 Symposium on Surface Mining Hydrology, Sedimentation and Reclamation, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky., 1982, p. 439Â444.
- Rice, K.C., 1999, Trace-element concentrations in streambed sediment across the conterminous United States: Environmental Science and Technology, v. 33, no. 15, p. 2499-2504. [Abstract.]
- Rice, K.C., Conko, K.M., and Hornberger, G.M., 2002, Anthropogenic sources of arsenic and copper to sediments in a suburban lake, Northern Virginia: Environmental Science and Technology, v. 36, no. 23, p. 4962 - 4967. PDF
- Senus, M.P., Langland, M.J., and Moyer, D.L., 2005, Nutrient and sediment concentrations, loads, and trends for four nontidal tributaries in the Chesapeake Bay watershed, 1997-2001: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2004-5125, 33 p.
- Speiran, G.K., 1994, Effects of sediment composition and land cover on nitrate concentrations and ground-water discharge to estuaries on the Eastern Shore, Virginia [abs.]: 1994 Chesapeake Research Conference, June 1Â3, 1994, Norfolk Waterside Marriott Hotel, Va.
- Vice, R.B., Guy, H.P., and Ferguson, G.E., 1969, Sediment movement in an area of suburban highway construction, Scott Run basin, Fairfax County, Virginia: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Supply Paper 1591ÂE, 41 p.
- Woodside, M.D., Belval, D.L., and Bloomquist, J.D., 1995, Nutrient and sediment loads from 11 major river basins in Virginia [abs.], in Collected abstracts of the Virginia Water Resources Conference, Richmond, Va., 1995, p. 39.
- Woodside, M.D., and Rowan, M.E., 1991, Spatial distribution of selected trace metals in wetland sediments in the Chickahominy River basin, Virginia [abs.]: Wetland Biogeochemistry Symposium, Baton Rouge, La.,: Laboratory for Wetland Soils and Sediments, Center for Wetland Resources, Louisiana State University, 1991, 1 p.
- Woodside, M.D., and Simerl, B.R., 1996, Water-quality assessment of the Albemarle-Pamlico Basin, North Carolina and Virginia-Chemical analyses of organic compounds and inorganic constituents in streambed sediment, 1992-93: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 96-103, 25 p.
- Yager, R.M., 2011, Delineating Capture Zones in Inclined and Folded Sedimentary Rock in the Newark Basin and Valley and Ridge Province [abs.]: National Ground Water Association Focus Conference on Fractured Rock and Eastern Groundwater Regional Issues, Burlington, Vermont, September 26-27.
- Yager, R.M., Voss, C.I., and Southworth, S., 2009, Comparison of alternative representations of hydraulic-conductivity anisotropy in folded fractured-sedimentary rock: modeling groundwater flow in the Shenandoah Valley (USA): Hydrogeology Journal (2009) 17: p. 1111-1131.